There are several workshops located within Physics which work closely together coordinated by our two Workshop Supervisors.
Currently there are 18 technicians with a wide range and/or specialist engineering skills
The scope of our facilities allows the Department to produce a wide range of components from precision parts to large fabricated assemblies many of which operate in hostile environments, cryogenic temperatures and high vacuum.
As well as a comprehensive range of conventional workshop machines we also have
- 3, 4 and 5 Axis CNC Milling Machines
- 3 and 4 Axis CNC Mill/Turn Machines
- 2 Axis CNC Lathes
- 4 Axis CNC Wire Eroder
- 3 Axis CNC Spark Eroder
- Full off-line programming capabilities for all CNC machines
- Plastic Injection Moulding Machine
- CNC Brake-press
- CNC Coordinate Measuring Machine
- Cryogenic measurement facility