The Oxford Physics department aims to share the exciting research that it does with the public and to work with schools to help inspire the next generation of scientists.
Access and outreach aims
The following aims were developed in consultation with the Access and Outreach Committee:
- To promote further study and careers in physics with young people, targeting under-represented groups.
- To help support learning and enrich the curriculum in local schools.
- To provide a regular programme of activities about research at Oxford Physics.
- To provide members of the public with resources and information about physics and research via the Oxford Physics website and other media.
- To work in collaboration with other organisations to combine resources, share best practice and extend the reach of activities to engage schools and the public.
Visit our public outreach pages for more information and resources about the research carried out at the Department and physics in general.
To sign up for monthly notifications about upcoming events please complete this short web form.
We are keen to establish links with schools throughout Oxfordshire and the country as a whole. Visit our school pages to find out more about events, resources and useful links.
Please visit our work experience page to find out more about our programme.