Building Information Update
The new building, the Physics Department’s first in 50 years, will contain state-of-the-art laboratories and will enable new science to take place.
The building project will take two years to complete. The first stage will involve temporary hoardings going up around part of the site, which will include a small portion of the University Parks. Once building work is completed the Parks land will be re-incorporated and new beds and borders created.
The University Parks entrance (Keble Gate) will remain open throughout and will change position in spring 2017 when it will be re-positioned to improve the entrance and views into the Parks. All users and events that utilise this entrance will be unaffected by the work.
- A short section of the footpath inside the University Parks at the Keble Gate entrance will be re-routed during the building’s construction.
- Safety hoardings will be in place until summer 2017 when the building work is completed.
- An application to discharge the conditions attached to the planning permission for the development will shortly be lodged with the Oxford City Council.
- Arrangements to divert the current foot and cycle path to enable the works to take place are being finalised with Oxfordshire County Council and further details will follow.
- Any enquiries regarding the works should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding.