The archaeology works at the Beecroft development site are now complete, and we have had the feedback on the findings from Cotswold Archaeology, which include:
- A possible Roman ditch aligned parallel with Parks Road
- sherds of medieval pottery
- artefacts including pottery and coins consistent with a 17th-century civil war date
- an associated defensive bank along the southern side
- modern quarry pits and horticultural or landscaping features probably relating to the use of the site as part of the University Parks.
Our thanks to Cotswold Archaeology for all the interesting archaeology which has been uncovered, and for the photographs of the finds.
Further enabling works are now underway, and you can find more information on the Project Update page.