VPN Access in OS X
Instructions for setting up a VPN connection to the Physics network Using OS X 10.5 Leopard or later.
- Open System Preferences
- Click on Network
- Click on the + sign near the bottom left corner of the window you've just clicked on
- Click on the up/down arrow bit on the right of the "Interfaces" menu item and click on "VPN" (in lower half of options)
- A menu item called "VPN Type" will appear - set this to "PPTP"
- Give it an appropriate name you'd like to use e.g. "Oxford Physics VPN"
- Click "Create"
- For server address, put vpn.physics.ox.ac.uk
- For Account name, put Physics\username (replacing username with your central physics username)
- Click "Advanced" (towards lower-right corner)
- Ensure that under "Session Options" that you have selected "Send all traffic over VPN connection"; click "OK"
- To test this out when you are external to the departmental network, click the "Connect" button
Categories: Apple | Astrophysics | Mac | OS X | Remote Access | Theory | VPN