Professor of Particle Physics
Teaching I recently lectured the third year subatomic physics physics course, which covers topics on nuclear and particle physics. In college I give classes and tutorials on topics including mechanics, relativity, and relativistic electromagnetism.
Research My group and I are hunting for evidence of Supersymmetric particles and dark matter at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN. We are also more generally researching the phenomenology of TeV-scale colliders, including electroweak symmetry breaking and Higgs boson physics.
Beyond my local research group, recent and current roles have included:
- Oversight committee for the UK STFC for the future HyperK & Dune neutrino experiments
- Missing momentum (Dark Matter) trigger coordinator for the ATLAS experiment
- Physics coordinator of the ATLAS UK collaboration
- Convenor of the ATLAS supersymmetry missing-energy group
- Member of the STFC Particle Physics Grants Panel
- Member of the STFC Advisory Panel for Public Engagement
- Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology (Durham) steering committee
- Hunter of the elusive heffalon
More information can be found on my home page